HOW COOL IS THIS READER PHOTO? TOYS FOR TOTS HORROR STYLE WINNER HOOKS UP SKELETONS AND THE HITCHHIKING GHOSTS!
Paul Cardullo, of Knightdale, North Carolina, was the winner of Toys for Tots ~ Horror Style 2011! To enter, contestants donated to Toys for Tots and took photos of themselves doing it–the prize, selected by random drawing, was a horror library donated by several authors. Skeletons in the Swimmin’ Hole—Tales from Haunted Disney World was part of that library, and here’s Paul, on his porch, showing us that hey…those hitchhiking ghosts might have something following them home. Thanks for sending this in, Paul!
To see other readers who’ve sent in their pix, visit here: http://haunteddisneytales.com/share/
The winner of the Toys for Tots Horror Style library is Paul Cardullo of North Carolina! The winner was selected by drawing; Cardullo receives an entire library of horror novels, short story collections, magazine, music and other goodies donated by horror writers and publishers. The kitty includes a signed copy of Peter Straub’s Floating Dragon, William Meikle’s The Amulet, Gary A. Braunbeck’s In the Midnight Museum, and loads more (I was honored to donate a copy of Skeletons in the Swimmin’ Hole).
To enter, participants purchased a toy that was $5 or more, took photos of themselves holding the toy and in a Toys for Tots donation box, and posted their photos on the Toys for Tots Horror Style Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/ToysForTotsHorrorStyle (you can head over to their page and see all the submissions under their Photo Album “Toys for Tots ~ Our Santas in Training.”) The winner was announced on YouTube; you can see that video here: http://youtu.be/Rvnfoua0JQ4.
In Poe’s Shadow News
The anthology In Poe’s Shadow, which contains my story “Vanity,” was recently recommended by Literary Mayhem’s Peter Schwotzer: http://literarymayhem.com/wordpress/2011/12/14/book-review-in-poes-shadow/. In Poe’s Shadow also made the Honorable Mentions list in Schwotzer’s “Best Books of 2011,” which you can read here: http://literarymayhem.com/wordpress/2011/12/29/my-top-books-for-2011/
If you’d like to purchase In Poe’s Shadow, you can do that here: http://amzn.to/InPoesShadow
With so many families facing financial horror for Holidays, Toys for Tots needs more donations than ever—and Toys for Tots Horror Style is offering an incentive.
Participate in Toys for Tots Horror Style, and your name will be entered into a drawing to win an entire library of horror novels, short story collections, magazine, music and other goodies donated by horror writers and publishers (you can see a list of what’s in the package below—I’ve donated a copy of Skeletons in the Swimmin’ Hole—Tales from Haunted Disney World to the kitty).
Entering the contest is easy! Just follow these steps:
1 purchase a toy that’s $5 or more
2 take a picture of you holding the toy
3 take a picture of your toy in ANY Toys for Tots donation box
4 Head over to the Toys for Tots Horror Style Facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/ToysForTotsHorrorStyle
5 Post both photos.
Please, please enter!
As of November 25, 2011, the winner’s spoils are as follows:
Novels and Short Story Collections
* Jesse Bullington The Sad Tale of the Brothers Grossbart (http://www.jessebullington.com)
* David Conyers The Eye of Infinity (donated by Nick Gucker) (http://www.david-conyers.com)
* Ray Garton Night Life (http://ereads.com/ecms/authors.php?id=174)
* C.W. LaSart Dark Moon Presents: Ghosts! (http://www.cwlasart.com)
* William Meikle The Amulet (http://www.williammeikle.com)
* Bruce Memblatt The Dark Jar (http://sjsondheim.com/blog1)
* Joseph S. Pulver, Sr. SIN & ashes
* Kristi Petersen Schoonover Skeletons in the Swimmin’ Hole: Tales from Haunted Disney World (http://www.kristipetersenschoonover.com)
* John Claude Smith The Dark is Light Enough for Me(http://thewildernesswithinbyjohnclaudesmith.blogspot.com)
* Simon Strantzas Nightingale Songs (http://www.strantzas.com)
* G. Edwin Taylor (illustrations for The King in Yellow by Robert W. Chambers) (http://www.taylor9.com)
* Jeff VanderMeer FINCH (http://www.jeffvandermeer.com)
* Kaaron Warren Mistification (http://kaaronwarren.wordpress.com)
* David T. Wilbanks Dead Earth: The Green Dawn (http://www.davidtwilbanks.com)
* Roger Zelazny A Night in the Lonesome October (donted by Trent Zelazny) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Zelazny)
* Trent Zelazny The Day the Leash gave way and other stories and Fractal Despondency(http://trentzelazny.com)
Yet Unnamed Gifts / Donations
* Richard Gavin (http://www.richardgavin.net)
* Lois Gresh (http://www.loisgresh.com)
* Jordan Krall (http://jordankrall.wordpress.com)
* Nick Mamatas (http://www.nick-mamatas.com)
* Gary McMahon (http://www.garymcmahon.com)
* Daniel Mills (http://www.amazon.com/Daniel-Mills/e/B0049YBV0Q/)
* Paul Tremblay (http://www.paultremblay.net)
*A Career Guide to Your Job in Hell – Scott S Phillips & Robert E Vardeman (ed.), (donated by Axel Howton)
* A means to Freedom: The letters of H.P. Lovecraft and Robert E. Howard: 1930 – 1932– S.T. Joshi, David E. Schultz, Rusty Burke (ed.), (donated by Derrick Hussey at Hippocampus Press) (http://www.hippocampuspress.com)
* The Book of Cthulhu – Ross E. Lockhart (ed.), (donated by Ross E. Lockhart at Night Shade Books)
*Dead But Dreaming – Kevin Ross & Keith Herber (ed.), (donated by Tom Lynch at Miskatonic River Press)
* Dead But Dreaming 2 – Kevin Ross (ed.), (donated by Tom Lynch at Miskatonic River Press)
* Future Lovecraft – Paula R. Stiles & Silvia Moreno-Garcia (ed.), (donated by Silvia Moreno-Garcia at Innsmouth Free Press) (http://www.innsmouthfreepress.com)
* Made in Goatswood – New Tales of Horror in the Severn Valley – Scott David Aniolowski (ed.). (donated by Scott David Aniolowski) (http://www.miskatonicriverpress.com/about/bio_scott.shtml)
*THE WEIRD – Anne VanderMeer and Jeff VanderMeer (ed.), (donated by Jeff VanderMeer)
* Lore – Rod Heather and Sean O’Leary (ed.), (donated by Sean O’Leary) (http://www.lore-online.com)
* Phantasmagorium – Laird Barron (ed.), (donated by JD Busch) (http://www.phantasmagorium.co)
* Shadows and Tall Trees, No. 2 – Michael Kelly (ed.), (donated by Michael Kelly)
* STRANGE AEONS (donated K.L. Young) (http://www.strange-aeons.com)
* Tara Vanflower This Womb Like Liquid Honey (http://www.lyciummusic.com)